Our mission… Fuel customer growth through meaningful user to user engagement.
CometChat builds advanced digital communications infrastructure to help thousands of businesses around the world create customized in-app messaging experiences. Our products allow developers to seamlessly add voice, video and text chat to their websites and mobile apps so that their users can communicate with each other, resulting in a unified customer experience, increased engagement and retention, and revenue growth.
In 2019, CometChat was selected into the exclusive Techstars Boulder Accelerator. CometChat (Industry CPaaS: communication-platform-as-a-service) has also been listed among the top 10 best SaaS companies by G2 Crowd. With solid financials, strong organic growth and increasing interest in developer tool-focused companies (from the market and with top technical talent), we’re heading into an exciting period of growth and acceleration. CometChat is backed by seasoned investors such as iSeed Ventures, Range Ventures, Silicon Badia, eonCapital and Matchstick Ventures.
A global business from the start, we have 80+ team members across our Denver and Mumbai offices serving over 50,000 customers around the world. We’ve had an exciting journey so far, and we know this is just the beginning!
CometChat offers a robust suite of cloud hosted text, voice and video options that meet businesses where they are–whether they need drag and drop plugins that can be ready within 30 minutes or if they want more advanced features and can invest development resources to launch the experience that will best serve their users.
● Quickly build a reliable & full featured chat experience into any mobile or web app
● Fully customizable SDKs and API designed to help companies ship faster
At every step, CometChat helps customers solve complex infrastructure, performance and security challenges, regardless of the platform. But there is so much more! With over 20 ready to use extensions, customers can build an experience and get the data, analysis and insights they need to drive their business forward.
CometChat’s solutions are perfect for every kind of chat including:
● Social community – Allowing people in online communities to interact without moving the conversation to another platform
● Marketplace – Enabling communications between buyers and sellers
● Events – Bringing thousands of users together to interact without diminishing the quality of the experience
● Telemedicine – Making connections between patients and providers more accessible
● Dating – Keeping people engaged while they connect with one another
● And more!
CometChat is committed to fostering a culture of innovation & collaboration. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential. Join us if you are looking to be a part of a high growth team!
Position Overview & Priorities:
CometChat is looking to bring on a Customer Success Manager to deliver an exceptional experience across the pre & post-sale customer journey to assist our SMB and Mid-Market customers. Pairing a technical aptitude with a passion for creating strong relationships, we’re looking for someone who will be a credible and a trusted partner to customers around the world. This role will provide you with complete autonomy to learn, master, and grow from your own mistakes. We’re a small, nimble and hungry team but most importantly, we’re human beings that respect each other as such. All that we ask in return is to help our customers yield the greatest outcome possible to the best of your ability with the purest intentions. If you’re seeking a position where you will be consistently told what to do, we’re afraid this is not the right position for you. On the other hand, if you’re looking to grow within a high-growth company that provides you with the flexibility, ownership and autonomy to try new things and freedom to be proactive in your approach with the customer in mind, please continue to read below:
This role will work very closely with our Sales, Support and Engineering team to ensure full product adoption and happiness that resonates with our customers. We're seeking a passionate Customer Success Manager with extensive, high-touch client management skills to help customers navigate and implement our highly-technical solution (pre-sale). This role will also focus on helping customers to continue to see success and yield ROI (post-sale) via strategic expansion ideas as per their business use-case, pulse and usage check-ins, product updates, etc. Intermediate technical knowledge will be required for this position.
In this role, you will:
- Manage all onboarding activities (pre-sale) for a portfolio of CometChat prospects through strong relationship-creation, product knowledge, planning, execution and follow-through with the Sales and Engineering team
- Manage all post-sales activities within your book of business to ensure consistent client engagement by providing timely product updates, proactive account health updates, etc.
- Partner cross-functionally with product, engineering, sales, support and marketing to stay up to date on the latest product developments, releases, fixes, etc.
- Bridge the communication gap between our Engineering team and end-customer that translates highly-technical responses to clear, concise and effective messaging structures
- Serve as a customer advocate and channel feedback to internal teams to drive product improvements and a better customer experience
- Take accountability for customer retention and expansion by establishing a proactive engagement strategy including aligning on goals, spotting early attrition, checking in regularly and conducting business reviews
- Bring a data-driven mindset to your day-to-day activities, prioritizing the work that supports account health, customer satisfaction and churn goals
- Identify and assist in developing processes that will scale and adapt to our evolving business
Required Experiences and Capabilities:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years work experience in a B2B startup environment in Customer Success
- Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts and associated business value to customers
- Ability to prioritize, plan and deliver autonomously
- Ability to work effectively, independently and remotely
- Ability to stay proactive and not reactive when it comes to your book of business
- Ability to communicate purely and effectively with a global team where English is not the primary language
- A solutions and team-oriented mindset whether working with customers or partnering internally to address an issue or solve for an opportunity
- Experience using the following applications: HubSpot, Intercom, Slack, Zoom & Google Suite
- Resonate with our core values and the macro-effect chat has on an increasingly digital world
- Experience using the following applications:
Chargebee,JIRA & Trello
- Previous working experience in a communications platform (CPaaS)
- Helped build out team functions, frameworks and workflows to scale
- Go above and beyond for the customer: We are obsessed with ensuring every customer is taken care of, no matter how big or small they are. We truly believe their problems are our problems, and will stop at next to nothing to see them succeed.
- Act with integrity: Be honest, be authentic and genuine, be open and do the right thing, no matter who’s watching. We know what we know, and what we don’t know, we’ll let ya know. And then we’ll do our darndest to figure out a solution.
- Be relentless: Never stop innovating. Be relentless in trying new things, and improving our product. Challenge the status quo, embrace learning curves, and don’t be afraid to fail. Focus on the outcome and everything else will fall into place.
- Be curious: Practice empathy. Anticipate customer needs, and solve them before they get there. If you don’t understand something, ask questions and learn.
- Have fun: Laugh. Be positive and kind. Make people feel good. Life is too short to not spend time doing what you love with folks you enjoy being around.