CometChat harnesses the power of chat by helping thousands of businesses around the world create customized in-app messaging experiences. Our products allow developers to seamlessly add voice, video and text chat to their websites and mobile apps so that their users can communicate with each other, resulting in a unified customer experience, increased engagement and retention, and revenue growth.
In 2019, CometChat was selected into the exclusive Techstars Boulder Accelerator. CometChat (Industry CPaaS: communication-platform-as-a-service) has also been listed among the top 10 best SaaS companies by G2 Crowd. With solid financials, strong organic growth and increasing interest in developer tool-focused companies (from the market and with top technical talent), we’re heading into an exciting period of growth and acceleration. CometChat is backed by seasoned investors such as iSeed Ventures, Range Ventures, Silicon Badia, eonCapital and Matchstick Ventures.
A global business from the start, we have 60+ team members across our Denver and Mumbai offices serving over 50,000 customers around the world. We’ve had an exciting journey so far, and we know this is just the beginning!
Enable meaningful connections between real people in an increasingly digital world.
CometChat offers a robust suite of cloud hosted text, voice and video options that meet businesses where they are–whether they need drag and drop plugins that can be ready within 30 minutes or if they want more advanced features and can invest development resources to launch the experience that will best serve their users.
● Quickly build a reliable & full featured chat experience into any mobile or web app
● Fully customizable SDKs and API designed to help companies ship faster
At every step, CometChat helps customers solve complex infrastructure, performance and security challenges, regardless of the platform. But there is so much more! With over 20 ready to use extensions, customers can build an experience and get the data, analysis and insights they need to drive their business forward.
CometChat’s solutions are perfect for every kind of chat including:
● Social community – Allowing people in online communities to interact without moving the conversation to another platform
● Marketplace – Enabling communications between buyers and sellers
● Events – Bringing thousands of users together to interact without diminishing the quality of the experience
● Telemedicine – Making connections between patients and providers more accessible
● Dating – Keeping people engaged while they connect with one another
● And more!
CometChat is committed to fostering a culture of innovation & collaboration. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential. Join us if you are looking to be a part of a high growth team!
Position Overview & Priorities
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems and software using Infrastructure as Code. This can include the provision of cloud instances, streamlining deployments, configuring virtual instances, scaling out DB servers.
Primary responsibility would be:
- Oversight of all server environments, from Dev through Production.
- Work on an infrastructure that is 100% on AWS.
- Work on CI/CD tooling which is used to build and deploy code to our cloud.
- Assist with day-to-day issue management.
- Work on internal tooling which simplifies workflows.
- Research, design and implement solutions for fault tolerance, monitoring, performance enhancement, capacity optimization, and configuration management of systems and applications.
We operate on a Hybrid model – you choose where you work from! Remotely or from our offices. Currently our talent is spread across 14 different cities globally.
Prioritized Experiences and Capabilities
- 2-4 years of experience working as a DevOps Engineer/currently practicing DevOps methodology
- Experience in AWS Infrastructure
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code (Cloud Formation / Terraform, Puppet / Chef / Ansible)
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- DevOps automation with CI/CD, pipeline that enforces proper versioning and branching practices
- Experience in Docker and Kubernetes.
Go above and beyond for the customer: We are obsessed with ensuring every customer is taken care of, no matter how big or small they are. We truly believe their problems are our problems, and will stop at next to nothing to see them succeed.
Act with integrity: Be honest, be authentic and genuine, be open and do the right thing, no matter who’s watching. We know what we know, and what we don’t know, we’ll let you know. And then we’ll do our darndest to figure out a solution.
Be relentless: Never stop innovating. Be relentless in trying new things, and improving our product. Challenge the status quo, embrace learning curves, and don’t be afraid to fail. Focus on the outcome and everything else will fall into place.
Be curious: Practice empathy. Anticipate customer needs, and solve them before they get there. If you don’t understand something, ask questions and learn.
Have fun: Laugh. Be positive and kind. Make people feel good. Life is too short to not spend time doing what you love with folks you enjoy being around.
Our goal is to make sure you have the chance to get to know CometChat as we learn more about you. Through a series of conversations with CometChat’s founders and key stakeholders, we’ll want to learn more about your strategic and functional expertise, and your passion. We hope that you’ll bring questions and ideas to each conversation and suggest ways that we can get to know you and your capabilities better.