CometChat harnesses the power of chat by helping thousands of businesses around the world create customized in-app messaging experiences. Our products allow developers to seamlessly add voice, video and text chat to their websites and mobile apps so that their users can communicate with each other, resulting in a unified customer experience, increased engagement and retention, and revenue growth.
In 2019, CometChat was selected into the exclusive Techstars Boulder Accelerator. CometChat (Industry CPaaS: communication-platform-as-a-service) has also been listed among the top 10 best SaaS companies by G2 Crowd. With solid financials, strong organic growth and increasing interest in developer tool-focused companies (from the market and with top technical talent), we’re heading into an exciting period of growth and acceleration. CometChat is backed by seasoned investors such as iSeed Ventures, Range Ventures, Silicon Badia, eonCapital and Matchstick Ventures.
A global business from the start, we have 60+ team members across our Denver and Mumbai offices serving over 50,000 customers around the world. We’ve had an exciting journey so far, and we know this is just the beginning!
Enable meaningful connections between real people in an increasingly digital world.
CometChat offers a robust suite of cloud hosted text, voice and video options that meet businesses where they are–whether they need drag and drop plugins that can be ready within 30 minutes or if they want more advanced features and can invest development resources to launch the experience that will best serve their users.
● Quickly build a reliable & full featured chat experience into any mobile or web app
● Fully customizable SDKs and API designed to help companies ship faster
At every step, CometChat helps customers solve complex infrastructure, performance and security challenges, regardless of the platform. But there is so much more! With over 20 ready to use extensions, customers can build an experience and get the data, analysis and insights they need to drive their business forward.
CometChat’s solutions are perfect for every kind of chat including:
● Social community – Allowing people in online communities to interact without moving the conversation to another platform
● Marketplace – Enabling communications between buyers and sellers
● Events – Bringing thousands of users together to interact without diminishing the quality of the experience
● Telemedicine – Making connections between patients and providers more accessible
● Dating – Keeping people engaged while they connect with one another
● And more!
CometChat is committed to fostering a culture of innovation & collaboration. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential. Join us if you are looking to be a part of a high growth team!
Position Overview & Priorities
As our People Operations Manager, you are passionate about ensuring team members feel valued and invested in their work and careers at CometChat. You are an experienced people leader who loves the continuous build phase of a start-up. You get excited about helping to create people and culture programs that are foundational and will have a lasting impact on our team and company. You appreciate setting ambitious goals for yourself and our team and lean into measuring our results along the way. You get energy from onboarding, developing careers and making sure every team member is supported with programs and tools to succeed. You get excited about the rapid pace and thrive in the ambiguity and continuous change of building a fast growing company. You have a track record of proactive problem solving with exceptional communication, coaching skills and a meticulous attention to detail and follow up.
- Co-create and execute our people and culture strategy with measurable goals to drive company growth and team engagement
- Provide day-to-day partnership, coaching and support with our people managers and team members in the areas of career growth, goal planning, leadership, giving and receiving feedback and team building
- Create and project manage people programs including annual recognition and rewards, open enrolment, company learning programs, on-sites, etc.
- Continually evolve our onboarding experience that reflects our culture, ways of working, and sets new team members up for success
- Analyse people metrics to monitor and proactively manage people related KPIs, and define strategies for improvement and management
- Manage unconscious bias and promote DEI in everything we do
- Own our compensation and benefits strategy, ensuring our total rewards programs are aligned with our values, market shifts and team feedback
- Assess team needs and evaluate feedback, and translate those into actionable recommendations to continuously improve the CometChat experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of progressive and broad based People/HR experience in hyper-growth and or start up environments
- Service oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience and passion building and driving innovative and value-connected people and culture programs, people operations, people partnering, total rewards, learning and development
- Creative, resourceful and eager to take initiative
- Proven track record of developing, driving and delivering people programs in a fast paced, continuously evolving environment - with a sense of purpose and urgency
- Strong presentation and influence skill
- Strong analytic skills and data driven mindset
Experience establishing key business metrics and defining strategies for improvement and management (hiring, attrition, career development etc.)
- Resilient and comfortable taking ownership
Location: Denver, Colorado